Uni-Tankers offers an exciting and attractive position in an ambitious international environment where all employees strive for the common goal. The culture is characterized by an informal and open-minded atmosphere and a high level of dedication and trustworthiness.
About the job
In this role you will be responsible for your assigned part of our fleet on a day-to-day basis and make sure that our vessels are in excellent technical state, so they operate effectively worldwide. You will manage several vessels and give technical advice and support to the vessels.
You will be located at our headquarters in Middelfart, and you will become part of a dedicated Technical Team who supports Uni-Tankers in delivering premium solutions to our customers.
Fleet Manager Kristian Larsen says about the role: “You will be part of a dedicated team of highly skilled professionals where open and honest communication with vessels and stakeholders are essential. We take full ownership in the group, acts on all matters, and try to cultivate a workplace where issues and questions can be discussed openly and where we support each other loyally.”
As our Technical Superintendent you will be responsible for optimization of the technical operation of our vessels including repairs, dockings and much more in accordance with company and customer requirements. Also, you will be responsible for preparing and follow up on monthly budgets as well as planned maintenance.
In addition, your role will include to:
- Technical supervision and inspection
- Planning, arranging, reporting, and following up on class surveys, repairs, and dry dockings
- Responsible that the vessels are always ready for commercial vetting inspections and comply with all rules and regulations in force
- Manage CAPEX and OPEX budgets for assigned vessels in a safe way in close collaboration with vessels management
- Ships visit according to schedule with planned bi-yearly vessel inspections
- Participate in projects, fuel saving initiatives, performance etc. on own vessels
- Member of the Emergency Response Team
- Ensuring the proper backup/reporting (hand over notes) within area of responsibility
You have experience from a similar position and in addition to having a solid technical background, it is important you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with different nationalities and in building a sustainable connection. You have a flexible and proactive attitude and enjoy maintaining a close dialogue and corporation with our vessels on a daily basis.